|This article contains outdated information that is inaccurate for the current version. It was last updated for RP-381414. Unreflected changes in the discussed game mechanics are detailed here: EX1-469287 • FA-471618|
Atmo Suit (also known as exosuit) is produced in the Exosuit Forge, and is a type of suit. It protects the wearer from hostile environments, keeping out Germs and Liquids (preventing the Soggy Feet and Sopping Wet effects).
Atmo Suits provide a supply of Oxygen and can be refilled inside a powered Atmo Suit Dock. They are quite bulky and provide a significant Athletics penalty if the dupe lacks the Exosuit Training skill.
Atmo Suits still may overheat in high temperatures and bother the wearer with Toasty Surrounding, such as when submerged in Crude Oil above 105 °C for a while, but health-damaging scalding effects will only happen in extremely hot environments, such as when submerged in Magma. Scalding effects will start at 726.9°C while duplicants can survive temperature of 72.85°C without suit.
Like all clothing, it can be manually assigned to Duplicants. However, if the suit's oxygen supply runs out, they will begin to suffocate. The dupes can make a mess in their suit, causing significant Stress. The germy Polluted Water from inside the suit will be dropped on the floor when the dupe unequips the suit.
Duplicants produce Carbon Dioxide while wearing Atmo Suits, which is kept inside the Suit and ejected at the Dock Cell of Interest when the Dupe gets it off. This Carbon Dioxide often gets partly deleted, which can throw balance off for systems relying on Oxyferns or Carbon Skimmers.
A full Atmo Suit provides enough Oxygen to a dupe for 750 seconds (1.25 cycles).
- You can find how much oxygen remains in the suit a dupe is wearing by hovering over the Atmo Suit item at the bottom of the dupe's Bio tab.
- Duplicants who "make a mess" while wearing an Atmo Suit will dump their polluted water on the floor when taking off the suit on top of the Atmo Suit Checkpoint.
- Flatulent Duplicants who fart while wearning an Atmo Suit will emit Natural Gas into the suit, and it will be discharged when they take the suit off.
- Exosuit Training removes the exosuit athletics penalty.
- Atmo Suits lose durability at a rate of 10% per cycle while a dupe is wearing it, and will become worn after reaching 0%. Worn Atmo Suits can be repaired at an Exosuit Forge at the cost of 1 reed fiber.
- Dupes can still eat, shower, and use the lavatory while wearing an Atmo Suit.
- A dupe wearing an Atmo Suit with no oxygen in, but in breathable atmosphere, will alternate between holding their breath and gasping for air. While this does interrupt them constantly and cause significant stress, they consume no oxygen while doing so.