Carbon Dioxide (CO2) is a non-breathable, heavy gas. It Its accumulation is generally one of the first problems a budding colony needs to tackle.
- is a sterile gas, meaning germs can not multiply in it but die slowly off in it
- stops food rot completely - contrary to ration boxes or even refrigerators - making storing it in a room of pure carbon dioxide a good solution
- is safe for plants like mealworm to grow in it
- tends to sink to the bottom compared to other gases
- does not interfere with composting
It is NOT removed by growing plants.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.