|This article has not been revised for the current version (U40-494396). It was last updated for LU-356355. It may contain inaccuracies.|
This article has not been revised for the current version (U40-494396). It was last updated for LU-356355. It may contain inaccuracies.
As all refined metals, Gold is highly thermal conductive, and has lower heat capacity than its ore.
- Gold is used to produce Super Coolant in the Molecular Forge.
- Gold is used to produce Oxylite in the Oxylite Refinery.
- Metal Refinery can produce Gold from Gold Amalgam with 100% efficiency. 100 kg Gold Amalgam = 100 kg Gold. It requires Duplicants operation.
- An alternative way is Smooth Hatch herding. Smooth Hatch eats Gold Amalgam and excretes Gold. It is around 75% efficiency while requires no Power and generates no heat.
- Rock Crusher can produce Gold from Gold Amalgam with 50% efficiency. 100 kg Gold Amalgam = 50 kg Gold + 50 kg Sand. It requires Duplicants operation.
- Some Meteor Showers in Space Biome bring Gold Amalgam.
- Can be found in Gilded Asteroid.
- It can be harvested on rocket missions to renewable Space POIs:
- In Gilded Asteroid Fields at a rate of 75 – 225 kg per cycle.
- Gold has high decoration bonus of +50% and is the ideal solution when building advanced Power buildings with high decoration penalty. Heavi-Watt Conductive Wire made out of gold only has a -10 decor penalty, while Conductive Wire does not gain any decor from being made out of gold (default decor is 0). Conductive Wire Bridge has its penalty reduced from -5 to -2.5.
- Gold can be used to increase a building's overheat temperature by 50 °C
- Gold Volcanoes tend not to be problematic compared to other metal volcanoes because molten gold, due to its low SHC, does not contain nearly as much heat as other liquid metals. Duplicants can carry freshly-solidifed Gold and are unlikely to be burned because of how quickly it loses its temperature.