|This article has not been revised for the current version (EX1-469473). It was last updated for LU-356355. It may contain inaccuracies.|
Gold Amalgam can be used in similar fashion to other Metal Ores, and is typically found in small to medium sized nodes in swamp biomes. Gold Amalgam is superior to other metal ores in most situations thanks to sharing the 10% decor bonus with Copper Ore, and providing anything created from it with a 50 degree higher overheat temperature. The latter property is particularly valuable for temperature regulation purposes, allowing machinery that would normally overheat in hot areas (near steam vents, for instance) to function normally. It is beat out by Wolframite when used as material for structures intended for heat exchange, but thanks to heat exchange mechanics this is usually a trivial difference.
- It can be refined into Gold in the Metal Refinery.
- 100 kg Gold Amalgam = 100 kg Gold.
- Rock Crusher can break Gold Amalgam into Gold and Sand.
- 100 kg Gold Amalgam = 50 kg Gold + 50 kg Sand.
- Stone Hatches can eat Gold Amalgam and excrete Coal. It will increase the chance of laying Smooth Hatch eggs.
- Smooth Hatches can eat Gold Amalgam and excrete Gold.