|This article has not been revised for the current version (U35-479045). It was last updated for LU-356355. It may contain inaccuracies.|
Gold Amalgam can be used in similar fashion to other Metal Ores, and is typically found in small to medium sized nodes in swamp biomes. Gold Amalgam shares the 10% decor bonus with Copper Ore, and provides anything created from it with a 50 degree higher overheat temperature. The latter property is useful for allowing machinery that would normally overheat in very hot areas such as steam vents. However, it's fairly poor at general temperature regulation, as it has extremely low Specific Heat Capacity and the lowest Thermal Conductivity among metal ores. Meaning that machines made from Gold heat up quickly, and dissipate it's heat slowly. Iron Ore has 3x the Heat Capacity, and Aluminum Ore has 6x the Heat Capacity which allow those metals to absorb significantly more heat even with the lower overheat temperature.
- It can be refined into Gold in the Metal Refinery.
- 100 kg Gold Amalgam = 100 kg Gold.
- Rock Crusher can break Gold Amalgam into Gold and Sand.
- 100 kg Gold Amalgam = 50 kg Gold + 50 kg Sand.
- Stone Hatches can eat Gold Amalgam and excrete Coal. It will increase the chance of laying Smooth Hatch eggs.
- Smooth Hatches can eat Gold Amalgam and excrete Gold.