|This article has not been revised for the current version (U34-476542). It was last updated for LU-356355. It may contain inaccuracies.|
Liquid Tepidizer warms bodies of Liquid to the limit of 85 °C. It must be fully submerged in greater than 400kg liquid to work.
The Liquid Tepidizer heats at a rate of 4,064 kDTU per second. This heats a full tile of Water (1,000 kg) at a rate of about one degree per second.
- 4.179 (DTU/g)/°C * 1,000kg = 4,179 kDTU per 1 °C
The Liquid Tepidizer can disinfect Polluted Water by heating it. However, this procedure takes lots of energy. New germs introduced into a body of polluted water will restart the infection.
A Liquid Tepidizer produces ~4.2 kDTU/s per watt consumed. It is the most power-efficient building and can be used as a core of a central heating system, when it is necessary.
Because a Liquid Tepidizer is only capable of heating liquids up to 85°C, they are not meant to be used for steam creation.
- Since Liquid Tepidizer checks to see if it has reached its Target Temperature by averaging the temperature of all liquids above 400kg on its four tiles, liquids will be heated up slightly beyond the Target Temperature before it stops.
- When first built and pulsed on and off through automation it can heat liquid well over the 85°C limit.
- The Target Temperature verification is not actually done on its four tiles, but on all valid tiles in a rectangle centered on its middle left tile. A tile is valid if it has line of sight from that middle left tile.
- After reloading the game, both previous bugs will create 4064kDTU/s below 125°C and only 64kDTU/s above that temperature despite indicating it produces 4064kDTU/s. This was a quick fix done to mitigate those 2 bugs.
- TU-210162: Introduced.