|This article has not been revised for the current version (U34-476542). It was last updated for LU-356355. It may contain inaccuracies.|
Magma is found in the Volcanic Biome, most likely at the bottom end of the map. Its high temperature can cause problems but also can provide processing opportunities. Handle with care.
- Magma provides a lot of heat.
- When cooled down below its freezing point, it turns into Igneous Rock.
- Magma is hot enough to melt most materials it touches. Ensure that everything that is likely to come in contact with Magma is made of appropriate materials.
- Melting Crushed Rock, Obsidian, Sedimentary Rock, Mafic Rock, and Regolith into Magma multiplies the heat in the material by 5, as the Specific Heat Capacity of Magma is 5 times higher than those materials. This can be used to produce endless power using Steam Turbines.
- However, the Magma that appears from the melted Raw Minerals is at the temperature of the melting point of the minerals, meaning that the Magma immediately cools into Igneous Rock in the case of the softer Raw Minerals.
- Magma is very viscous. A fully spread puddle will still be too deep to mop most of the time.
- Magma can be pumped with a Liquid Pump by abusing their pumping range.