|This article has not been revised for the current version (EX1-469473). It was last updated for LU-356355. It may contain inaccuracies.|
Outhouse is a building used by Duplicants to empty their bladders. It requires no plumbing, and instead uses Dirt and requires periodic emptying by a Duplicant. The Outhouse produces Polluted Dirt as well as Food Poisoning Germs, some of which are left on each Duplicant that uses it.
It also fulfills the 'Toilet' criteria for the Hospital room.
Note the Washroom does not allow having an Outhouse in it.
The Outhouse outputs 19.7 kg of Polluted Dirt at a stable 37 °C with each use, which is stored within the building. After 15 uses however, the Polluted Dirt must be manually emptied by a Duplicant and the 200 kg of Dirt is consumed. This falls under the Tidy errand. When the Outhouse is full or being emptied, it will be considered 'Out of Order' and cannot be used by Duplicants.
One use of the Outhouse produces 200,000 Food Poisoning germs. These germs are divided among the Duplicant, the Polluted Dirt, and the Outhouse itself as follows:
- Duplicant: +68,500 germs
- Polluted Dirt: +95,000 germs
- Outhouse: +36,500 germs
- Because the Outhouse must be emptied periodically, it is beneficial to have several Outhouses for your Duplicants to use.
- Likewise, it is recommended to replace Outhouses with Lavatories, as they do not require Duplicant maintenance.
- Place a Compost nearby to keep Duplicants from carrying Polluted Dirt all over the colony.
- If left full for long enough, it will spawn Morbs.
- To prevent wasting Dirt, the Outhouse should not be cleaned early.
- One Compost can reduce 60 Kg compostables per cycle, so theoretically it can serve three or fewer normal Duplicants using the same Outhouse.