|This article has not been revised for the current version (U40-494396). It was last updated for LU-356355. It may contain inaccuracies.|
This article has not been revised for the current version (U40-494396). It was last updated for LU-356355. It may contain inaccuracies.
Petroleum can appear naturally if some map regions are sufficiently overheated, which leads to Crude Oil transformation or Molten Slicksters births.
- Molten Slicksters produce 10 kg of Petroleum by consuming 20 kg of Carbon Dioxide per cycle.
- Petroleum can be obtained from Crude Oil using an Oil Refinery with 50 % efficiency:
- Alternatively, Crude Oil can be heated above 402.85 °C (turning point + 3 °C) and below 541.85 °C (vaporization point + 3 °C), converting it into Petroleum with 100 % efficiency.
- Despite having heat capacity 2.5 times lower than Water, Petroleum has 4 times Thermal Conductivity, and great temperature range (596 degrees), which makes it a good mid-game coolant.
- Petroleum can be heated to 541.85 °C (vaporization point + 3 °C) and converted to Sour Gas, which in turn can be cooled to -164.5 °C (turning point - 3 °C), turning it into 66.6% liquid Methane and 33.3 % solid Sulfur.
- Polymer Press transforms Petroleum into Plastic.
- Petroleum Generator can burn Petroleum to generate Power.
- Petroleum Engine burns Petroleum as a rocket fuel.
- Exosuit Forge uses Petroleum to produce Jet Suits.
- Jet Suit Docks consume it to refill exosuit's jetpacks.
- Molecular Forge consumes Petroleum with: