|This article has not been revised for the current version (U40-494396). It was last updated for LU-356355. It may contain inaccuracies.|
If stored at a pressure below 1800g, it emits Polluted Oxygen over time, losing mass in the process, even while inside Storage Bins. The emission rate (in g/s) is proportional to the exposed perimeter, or the square root of the mass (in kg): rate = 0.2*sqrt(mass).
The emission of Polluted Oxygen can be prevented by submerging polluted dirt in a Liquid or storing it under a Gas pressure of at least 1.8kg/tile.
In the Spaced Out (DLC), the rate is reduced by a factor of 10: rate = 0.02*sqrt(mass).
- This is intended to balance against the occurrence of asteroids that have many tiles with many metric tons of Polluted Dirt; excavation would yield a lot of it, quickly leading to maximum gas pressure.
- Polluted Dirt can be converted into Dirt inside a Compost.
- Sage Hatches can eat Polluted Dirt and excrete Coal.
- Pokeshells can eat Polluted Dirt and excrete Sand.
- A sublimation station converts Polluted Dirt to Polluted Oxygen.
- Outhouses converts 13 kg Dirt into 19.7 kg Polluted Dirt each use. Net positive. Up to 13.4 kg additionally per cycle per duplicant.
- Ethanol Distiller can produce Ethanol and Polluted Dirt from Lumber. 1 kg/s Lumber = 500 g/s Ethanol + 333.33 g/s Polluted Dirt + 166.67 g/s Carbon Dioxide.
- Water Sieve produces Polluted Dirt as a by-product. 5 kg/s Polluted Water + 1 kg/s Sand or Regolith = 5 kg/s Water + 200 g/s Polluted Dirt
- Pacus and its variants consume Algae and excrete Polluted Dirt.
- It can be harvested on rocket missions to renewable Space POIs:
- In Swampy Ore Fields at a rate of 378 – 1134 kg per cycle.
- A good way to store Polluted Dirt is in a Storage Bin under Water. This will make it unable to produce any Polluted Oxygen.
- Emission rate examples:
- 2500 kg of Polluted Dirt emits 10 g/s of Polluted Oxygen
- 10000 kg (half of Storage Bins) will emit 20 g/s each
- 20000 kg in one full Storage Bin emits 28.3 g/s