|This article has not been revised for the current version (U34-476542). It was last updated for LU-356355. It may contain inaccuracies.|
Polluted Oxygen is a gas resource. Polluted Oxygen is breathable and works similarly to Oxygen, allowing Duplicants to survive. However, it also acts as the primary vector of transmission for Slimelung germs, and can just as easily spread Food Poisoning germs. Polluted Oxygen can be found in the world naturally in the Swamp Biome.
Breathing too much Polluted Oxygen causes the Yucky Lungs debuff, which increases the air consumption rate and causes coughing
Polluted Oxygen causes Food to rot at +100% rate. This means that frozen food (-100% rot rate) will still rot if it is surrounded by Polluted Oxygen.
Polluted Oxygen has the same density with Oxygen. When Polluted Oxygen and Oxygen are mixed, they tend to group with the same element and form gas layers; however, the heights of such layers is random, with neither density nor temperature having any effect.
- Deodorizers produce Oxygen and Clay from Polluted Oxygen using Filtration Medium.
- Pufts and Puft Princes can breathe Polluted Oxygen and excrete Slime.
- Polluted Oxygen spawns naturally as part of Swamp Biomes.
- Slime, Polluted Dirt and bottles of Polluted Water all emit Polluted Oxygen into the air in environments with <1800g of air pressure. This spreads any germs present on the substance into the air.
- Morbs produce Polluted Oxygen for free at a variable, often inconsistent rate.
- Liquid Polluted Water can react with clean Oxygen to produce polluted oxygen. This process is easily blocked by thin layers of Carbon Dioxide emitted from Duplicants passing by.
- There are two types of geysers that produce Polluted Oxygen – Hot and Infectious Polluted Oxygen Vents. Both are yield ~95 g/s and stifled at 5 kg of air pressure, with the latter spreading Slimelung germs. Each of them produces enough polluted oxygen to sustain ~5 wild Pufts, or 1-2 tame ones, but the hotter geyser must be cooled first to not kill critters, especially since it is viable for powering Steam Turbine.
- Polluted Oxygen can be converted to Oxygen by cooling it down to its condensation point using an installation involving Thermo Regulators, and then reheating it (see Guide/Cleaning Polluted Oxygen for an example).
- Polluted Oxygen is also created when oxygen reacts with polluted water. By removing or isolating the water, you will also remove the source of Polluted Oxygen.
- A Deodorizer collects any Polluted Oxygen within two tiles of itself in any direction, converting it into Oxygen and Clay, using any sort of Filtration Medium. This process is automatic, requires no electricity prior to the Spaced Out DLC (5W afterwards) and produces no heat. It does, however, require Decontamination research, and may only be placed on the ground.
- Polluted Oxygen's former name was "Contaminated Oxygen".