Polluted Water is water that contains organic waste. It can be infected with Germs which will (contrary to clean water) multiply in it. If a Duplicant come in contact with polluted water it will add to their stress levels. This can happen if they vomit, or are unable to reach a toilet on time. Other creators of polluted water include the Algae Distiller, Showers, and Lavatories (it is a by-product of the two latter).
Polluted water can be found in the Slime Biome and can be mopped up by Duplicants. Polluted water that has come in contact with Gas will eventually convert into Polluted Oxygen. Once the pressure of the gas is over 1.8kg, it will stop producing the polluted oxygen.
The polluted water can be reused by purifying it with a Water Sieve. There are also specific plants that prefer or require polluted water.
- Naturally occurring
- Duplicants produce Polluted Water if they Make a Mess (when left without access to a bathroom)
- Duplicants which have the Stress trait Vomit or the disease Food Poisoning
- by machines/structures:
|Building||Amount Produced||Intake Water||Output Pipe|
|Algae Distiller||400 g/s||-||Yes|
|Carbon Skimmer||1000 g/s||1000 g/s||Yes|
|Natural Gas Generator||67.5 g/s||-||No|
|Petroleum Generator||1250 g/s||-||No|
|Lavatory||11 700 g per use||5 000 g per use||Yes|
|Wash Basin||?||Supply of water||
- Emits Polluted Oxygen if in contact with pure oxygen or other polluted oxygen
- Polluted Water can contaim germs in ADDITION to the pollutant, the germs can cause Disease in Duplicants.
Removal & Uses Edit
It can be
- turned into water (still with germs) using a Water Sieve
- used in hydroponics of Pincha Pepper and Thimble Weed or farm irrigation in general
- pumped it into a Fertilizer Synthesizer and turned into Fertilizer and Natural Gas
- Can be mopped up into bottled version
- Can be turned to (pure) water by evaporating it into steam which can the be condensed (more on the steam site)
- cooled in a Thermo Aquatuner
- heated with a Liquid Tepidizer
- used as a coolant in a Metal Refinery