|This article has not been revised for the current version (U35-479045). It was last updated for LU-356355. It may contain inaccuracies.|
- Regolith can be used in Water Sieve to filter Polluted Water into Water.
- Regolith can be used in Deodorizer to filter Polluted Oxygen into Oxygen.
- 100 g/s Polluted Oxygen + 133.33 g/s Sand or Regolith = 90 g/s Oxygen + 143.33 g/s Clay.
- Shove Voles can eat Regolith and excrete Regolith tile with half mass.
- Meteor Showers bring Regolith of high temperature.
- These Regolith can overheat the buildings such as Telescope. It is recommended to place Telescope on top of automated, horizontal Mechanized Airlock so that Regolith can fall through it after Meteor Shower ends. For the accumulated Regolith in lower levels, a well placed Robo-Miner can dig them clean.
- Heated regolith can be collected and used to boil water into steam. It is not particularly effective, but will be enough to fuel the first Steam Rockets. If you construct steam chamber right under the rocket, it is even possible to recycle some of the exhaust heat.
Since enormous amount of incoming regolith barely has any use outside Shove Voles farming and filtering, the excess of it can be flash-melted by either volcanic or core magma. Magma has five times the heat capacity of regolith at the same temperature, so this transition creates an enormous amount of heat gain, which can be used to easily preheat incoming regolith, power an array of Steam Turbines, or cook Petroleum. Cooling the magma gives Igneous Rock, which can be fed to Hatches, producing even more power.