|This article has not been revised for the current version (EX1-469473). It was last updated for LU-356355. It may contain inaccuracies.|
When sand is heated to 1714.85 °C (melting point + 2 °C), it will turn into Molten Glass.
Collapsing Sand Tiles
Where they occur, tiles of sand will collapse if there are no other solid tiles beneath them. They will entomb anything that they fall onto, but will not otherwise harm it.
Sand is not the only substance to exhibit this behaviour. There are others: see this category.
Dasha Saltvine domestic growth requires 7 kg/cycle Sand.
- Like sandstone, most of the sand generated in the game is found in the Temperate Biome. Sizable sand deposits can be occasionally found in the Caustic Biome. Oasisse Asteroid contains lots of hot Sand.
- Rock Crusher can break Salt and various rocks into Sand. Renewable sources include:
- Recovering Salt from Salt Water Geyser or Cool Salt Slush Geyser and crafting Table Salt.
- Cooling the magma from Volcano or Minor Volcano into Igneous Rock and crushing it into sand.
- Fullerene crafted at Molecular Forge can be crushed back into Graphite, effectively converting Sulfur and Aluminum into Sand. This would require Sulfur Geyser and Aluminum Volcano present.
- Pokeshell eats Polluted Dirt and Rot Pile, and excretes Sand.
- Dirt, when overheated, turns into Sand.