|This article contains outdated information that is inaccurate for the current version. It was last updated for CS-455509. Unreflected changes in the discussed game mechanics are detailed here: EX1-466411 • EX1-469287 • FA-471618 • FA-471883 • U33-473720 • U34-476059 • U37-483944 • U39-489821|
As Duplicants work in the colony, they will gain skill points to upgrade their attributes and gain new abilities. Skill points are spent through using the Skills menu.
- After reaching an XP threshold the duplicant will gain a skill point.
- Spending a skill point is instant and semi-permanent. Duplicants will visit the Printing Pod to master the skill.
- Some jobs grant new abilities to dupes, some only increase attributes.
- Morale expectations are a sum of the morale costs of all the duplicant's skills. A duplicant without any skills has no morale expectations.
- Duplicant interests will show a heart icon and grant 1 bonus morale when mastered. This allows tier 1 skills to be effectively free.
- Skills may be reset by using the Skill Scrubber.
1 Morale Point req.
2 Morale Points req.
3 Morale Points req.
4 Morale Points req.
5 Morale Points req.
||Superhard Digging||Super-Duperhard Digging||Hazmat Digging
|Building||Improved Construction I
||Improved Construction II
|Farming||Improved Farming I
||Crop Tending||Improved Farming II
|Ranching||Critter Ranching||Critter Ranching II
|Decorating||Art Fundamentals||Aesthetic Design
|Researching||Advanced Research||Field Research||Astronomy|
||Rocket Piloting II
|Suit Wearing||W.I.P. Skill
|Supplying||Improved Carrying I
||Improved Carrying II
|Operating||Improved Tinkering I
||Electrical Engineering||Mechatronics Engineering|
|Doctoring||Medicine Compounding||Bedside Manner||Advanced Medical Care|
Every mastered skill rewards a hat, which can be accessed after learning the respective skill in the skills screen. Hats are purely cosmetic and duplicants may freely switch between any hat they own.
|Hard Digging||Superhard Digging||Superduperhard Digging|
|Improved Construction I||Improved Construction II||Improved Construction III|
|Improved Farming I||Crop Tending||Improved Farming II|
|Critter Ranching||Critter Ranching II|
|Art Fundamentals||Aesthetic Design||Masterworks|
|Advanced Research||Field Research||Astronomy|
|Exosuit Training||Rocket Piloting||Rocket Navigation|
|Improved Carrying I||Improved Carrying II|
|Improved Tinkering||Electrical Engineering||Mechatronics Engineering|
|Medicine Compounding||Bedside Manner||Advanced Medical Care|